An up and down week. I was stuck in the escalation with iQor till Monday. Tuesday was a holiday and I visited Nellore for the wedding on Wednesday. I received a call on Wednesday from Wells Fargo. They wanted to do a manager round. I attended the interview on Friday and it went well.
The problem with Wells Fargo is that the work is not that great. Its mostly going to be maintenance work on Exadata machines. The other problem is the location of the work. I can choose between Bangalore and Hyderabad but I cannot change my location once I join. That makes planning our logistics very difficult. Do I join in Bangalore and commit to being here for the next 2 years at least. Or do I join in Hyderabad in leave the Mrs. here to fend for her own.
There are some positives though. At least its not L1, L2 work. They are building a team and are planning to go up to 20 from the current 5. It would be good to join such a team. They are migrating several applications onto Exadata. This means that there is going to be a lot of work in the coming 2 years. Good job security.
I wish there were more options for me to choose from. I feel as if I am standing with my 2 feet on 2 separate boats, and the boats are moving in different directions. The escalation over the last weekend would not have happened if I had been focused on my work. OCM work will start sooner or later and I will need to get ready. I don’t have the time to dilly-dally.
I had a long discussion with the Mrs. today. We talked about what we should do if Wells did end up giving me an offer. It would be a difficult decision to make, so I gave her a week to make up her mind.
Meanwhile, I will spend as of time as possible this week preparing for the last technical round in Wells.