1. On the first day of this year, I thought about what resolutions I can have for this year. The first thought that came to my mind was running. I will do 1000 kms in 2013, I declared. Just 11 days into 2013, I see it’s going to be difficult. Shin Splints are making me give up on the Auroville half marathon. I would have run 200 kms by the end of the Marathon if I hadn’t had this problem. But still a resolution is a resolution. And I will have to try my best.
2. 2012 for me was a year where I faced stress and pressures. I want 2013 to be the year where I teach myself ways to effectively deal with issues. I want to consciously acknowledge each problem as it comes along and I want to create strategies to handle these problems. I also want 2013 to be the year when I become proactive in every way. This is not going to be easy but I will try my best.
3. I resolve to get better and better at the guitar. There is no way for me to measure my improvement at the guitar. Time spent playing is not an accurate measure of progress and it is difficult to record. I will just have to be my own judge and see where I am going.
4. I want to learn a new language in 2013. Tamil.
5. I want to read 20 books in 2013. And I want to improve the quality of the books I read and diversify the range of topics that I cover.
6. I want to do a constant appraisal of myself in blog and collage about my progress.