The recently concluded test series witnessed dwindling crowds coming to the stadium. So the Indian team has decided on a strategy to pull larger crowds to the stadium. How? By following a few rather simple steps
STEP 1: Host the matches in small cities where very few matches are held.
STEP 2: Go out and win the toss and elect to bowl first.
STEP 3: Start bowling a tight line and take early wickets typically reducing West Indies to 80/5 or something.
STEP 4: Allow Marlon Samuels to score a 60 and then take his wicket.
STEP 5: Allow the tail-enders to score about a 100 runs and take the score to 250.
STEP 6: Go out to bat and lose 3 early wickets.
STEP 7: Ask Rohit Sharma to score 70-80 runs and then get out.
FINAL STEP: Ask the tail-enders to finish off the game.
Pretty good strategy I think. Certainly made the matches more interesting. Worked for the first two games. Didn’t work out so well for the third game which India ended up losing. I wonder if they will continue the same “Strategy” for the last 2 games..
Good and Bad news in the Footballing world.
1. We lost to Man City in the Carling cup game 1-0. It was a close match which we probably didn’t deserve to lose. The lack of experience in the side cost us the game. So we are out of one competition this season. 3 more to go.
2. Chelsea beat Newcastle in the Premier league.
3. Arsenal then beat Wigan 4-0 to move up to 5th position temporarily. With that our unbeaten run in the league goes up to 7.
4. Liverpool lose to Fulham to make Arsenals move permanent.
5. Man U draws with Man City in the F.A Cup while we draw Leeds United.
I would have been happier if Man City lost to Bolton but I guess it is too much to expect. They can still lose to Bayern Munich midweek. I would certainly like that.
In Tennis News, Nadal helped Spain win the Davis cup for the fifth time. Poor Del Potro tried his best but could not match Nadal on Clay. It was according to his own words ” A FANTASTIC END TO THE SEASON”. I think so too.